View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 01:37 PM   #203
JLRonin

United_States
Re: should you smoke marijuana on your aikido journey

I was forwarded and made aware of this thread by my Sensei and close friend.
There are so many biased, prejudice remarks and opinions that just make me chuckle. And many thoughts come to mind. Thus, the many misconceptions about Marijuana aka Cannabis, Weed, Pot and Hash which is a more refined form of the aforementioned. More research is HIGHLY recommended.

My Sensei is a Veteran when it comes to Marijuana. He has been an avid user just about 3/4 of the time he's been practicing Aikido. And not once has marijuana hindered his abilities on or off the matt.

This is an excerpt from my group in MeWe that I wrote:

"Hi Folks,
Some of you may know this already, but I just feel like ranting and venting a bit.
I'm just tired of the gov reeling us into their little games of smoke and mirrors and other people and entities taking advantage of the system for personal gain and profit. And just in case you are wondering and ready to make a comment, NO I will not get with the program. That's just giving in.
As an ex Military Police Officer and ex sub contracted Court Security Officer, I, just like many others, was always taught, drilled, and made to believe that Marijuana (Cannabis) was in line with PCP,LSD etc. Hence haven taken an 80 hour course on Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. Through time, and now that I am older and on the other side of the coin, I know better.
I truly believe That the gov has absolutely no right to keep and restrict people from acquiring this God given Natural Plant FREELY. They absolutely know It's beneficial properties. And just like all else, They just like CONTROL. And Doctors have no right or business prescribing something that is natural. this is just totally absurd and stupid.
It is not a drug. It becomes a drug when you abuse it. Education is of essence.
This is just Me and my honest, unasked for, freely given opinion.
Sorry if this goes against anyone's thoughts and/or views".

Oh how many times have I seen the use of incense in photos, clips, small films, movies and other religious purification rituals. O'Sensei probably did too.
If used intelligently, moderately and properly. you will not have any issues. THC for alertness and awareness; CBD for relaxation.

At any rate... keep Puffing, Breathing, Rolling.

Genesis 1.12

Last edited by JLRonin : 01-04-2020 at 01:43 PM.