View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
kironin

Dojo: Houston Ki Aikido
United_States
Re: ERRATA in HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT (UPDATE)

Thank you. That's useful. I remember noting that made no sense but I was too willing to think maybe it was just a fanciful visualization rather than intended as an actual description of what was happening. That certainly makes it more of a concrete description.

On something else that might lead one to discount your work, is fanciful reference you refer to as strong evidence on page 33, first paragraph. The idea that references in footnote 23 provides strong evidence of a legitimate counter stream in neurology is laughable to say the least. To a neuroscientist like me at least it was a big red flag that the rest of the book would take an extra dose of salt and need a very careful eye of scrutiny. These works you refer to by an M.D. with buddhist/evangelical/"God of the Gaps" agenda who resides at an Intelligent Design institute (i.e. creationist) isn't remotely being taken serious in the field of neurology. Among his pop science crimes is a total butchering of quantum physics. Of course this puts him in the same nonsense camp as Deepak Chopra. Of course that whole section on Life Force is full of woo from that page to the next, leaving it a hot steaming mess that just made me wince. There is a total loss of objectivity and there is no science here.

It's one thing to deal with the idea of vitality or life force from a historical perspective and what may have been believed and how that drove certain practices. It's another to pretend there is any evidence for it actually being reality.

best.