View Single Post
Old 07-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #24
kewms
Re: You are giving me the wrong energy...WTF

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote: View Post
From biomechanical point of view iriminage is only possible when attacker's backbone is skewed backward. So your leading should create such shape of his body. Once you are able to achieve this without any external help(YES it is possible, can you imagine...), you may stop lecturing uke how he must behave in order you can successfully apply iriminage LOL
If someone is determined to foil a particular technique, he will probably succeed. It's very difficult to execute iriminage if your partner responds to the initial entry by bending forward at the waist.

Now, "out there," who cares. If he's going to bend over like that, I'll happily introduce his head to my knee, or to the ground. Fine.

But in the dojo, with Sensei expecting me to demonstrate iriminage, or with me in front of a class trying to teach the technique? Yeah, I might explain that this particular ukemi is not going to facilitate that particular technique.

I hope I never use the phrase "giving me the wrong energy," though. That's just lame.

Katherine