View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #9
Brian Sutton
United_States
Re: what does internal mean to you?

When posting this thread, it was not my intention to cause confusion or get anyone's goat. I have felt waza shoot right into my bones where I couldnt stop it if I wanted to, and iv'e also felt waza feel like i'm being jerked down the stairs, feeling it in my muscles and I could counter it. I know what moving from my center feels like on the giving end as well. I have used alot T'ai Ji Jings on the mat and its very powerful , also feels quite a bit different for uke. A Aikido throw or T'ai Ji push done right, while very powerful, has a strange and interesting feel to it. In all cases when I have given and received internal strength, the body is used in a very refined and specific way, to harness the mass and momentum of larger muscle groups into the sudden release of whatever part of the body that is doing the technique. The body is still being used, just in a very sophisticated manner.
I guess why I am posting this thread is because their are some things that we talk about but never really talk about. Also , it never hurts to learn about what you know. That is usually the case with the good stuff. Just sayin.

Last edited by Brian Sutton : 02-24-2015 at 09:34 AM.