Thread: Irimi Nage
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #24
NagaBaba

Re: Irimi Nage

Quote:
I think the proper way to hold is by the collar
I disagree. To be able to effectively manipulate a human body on beginner level, from biomechanical point of view you need 3 points – in case of iriminage, we have one point at the ground and 2 points on both shoulders. These 3 points are enough to collapse his body by removing of alignment of his structure…….. holding both hands on the neck(unless you will choke him out in one second) or throwing atemi everywhere will never do a job – uke can turn his hips and counter.

Once a uke’s body starts to collapse you need to simply throw him out. Correct question is not where you hold him in this moment, but how you transfer a power from your body to his body. You simply need a point of contact that’s all. Look at the videos of Shioda sensei; how he did it, he throw his uke with almost any part of his body, even with buttocks  no particular hold was necessary….
On more advanced level you may use more sophisticated tools that vulgar physical locks do collapse attacker, but I don’t think it would be very easy to describe here  and even less ease to understand….

Nagababa

ask for divine protection Ame no Murakumo Kuki Samuhara no Ryuo