View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
"AIKIFRUSTRATIONS"
IP Hash: 35098e05
Anonymous User
Re: Test Grading, Curriculum, & Frustration

Thank you to everyone for your replies. It's very much appreciated!

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
I assume that you have taken previous kyu grading tests. How were these conducted? Did the candidates know what was expected beforehand and were they prepared in a way that you consider to be adequate?

So, given your circumstances and the information you have provided, I wonder at the quality of the support you are receiving from your organization.
My 5th and 4th Kyu tests were pretty well structured. The curriculum was pretty cut and dry. They both went relatively smooth. With the 3rd Kyu test I started seeing problems arise. The lack of structure and communication from the organization started showing itself. As I'm sure is the case for most organizations, the 3rd Kyu test is where the material gets more involved. There is a lot material covered for 3rd Kyu. Sensei taught us his interpretation of the curriculum for the test. However, as we were testing one of the Sensei's from a sister dojo had a different interpretation of the curriculum. He asked to see a variation of a few techniques that was not ever mentioned anywhere on the Test Guidelines. That really through me for a loop and got my wheels turning about this sort of thing being a possibility in the future.

I would also agree with your statement the lack of support from the organization.

Adam Huss -
"What organization are you associated with (if you feel comfortable saying, maybe you have brethren here that can help)? "

I'd rather not say. I don't feel like it is my place to do so. I will say is that there is some restructuring goin on within the organization. I believe that could be the cause of these issues.