Thread: Subway incident
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2002, 03:29 AM   #15
darin
Re: Its just like that famous Aikido story...

Quote:
David Chandross (DrGazebo) wrote:
You remember the one, about the aikidoka training in Tokyo who saw a drunk accosting other passengers.
Plenty of drunk salarymen on the trains in Tokyo. Especially the last trains for the day. Those are the trains to avoid. Its so crowded you can't move and occasionally a drunk would vomit on everyone. Didn't see any fights but there is always the odd grumpy guy around. Sometimes they shove you while getting on the train etc. One teacher I was working with told me he had someone shove him really hard. They guy just smiled as him as if to say "what are you going to do now..." So the teacher grabbed him by the arse and shouted "omae wa ore no onna!" Which means "I am making you my bitch!".

What pisses me off the most is the young kids and salarymen who sit in the those seats for elderly people, injured or women with a child. My friend used to hit them on the leg with his umbrella to get them to stand up give up the seat to an old lady.

Probably the worst thing on the trains are the chikan (perverts). Did you know that they have women only trains in Tokyo?

Anyway a train ride in Japan is still safer than other countries. You don't get the hard crime such as violent robberies and asaults like in Australia.