View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 05:35 AM   #12
Michael Douglas
United Kingdom
Re: Problem with shiho nage :( please help!

Quote:
Alaa Jerbi wrote: View Post
I have a problem performing the shiho nage technic ! In the aikido class , i can do it well because uke are accepting the move but when i do it to someone else in the street (just kidding with my friends) they can escape from it when i turn to block their arm ! Please help me! What should i do to make my shiho nage better and can't escape from it! I'm just a white belt beginner so i don't know much about it , but please help me guys! Thanks
Friends in the street have no duty to cooperate in an Aikido style, nor the muscle-memory to unconciously move the way you'd like them to, especially against a rubbish ShihoNage.

Don't worry about it, it's not supposed to be an effective technique from the perspective of an unranked beginner against friends in the street.

It seems to me a joint-wrecking technique gentlified into a throw for Aikido purposes.
You don't want to wreck your street-friends' elbows and shoulders so leave it at that.
On un-Aikido-ised partners there is no way to achieve a safe conclusion with ShihoNage unless everything's in slomo and they want to cooperate.

Again, don't worry about it.