View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
mathewjgano

Dojo: Tsubaki Kannagara Jinja Aikidojo; Himeji Shodokan Dojo
United_States
An Experiment in Assessing my ukemi

Hi folks! For essentially the first time, I've been able to get a good look at myself on video taking ukemi. This video was from keiko a week ago and I've been watching it a lot to try and see whatever I can see...which is great for identifying the things I'm already working on like not arching my back too much or sticking my butt out too much, but I thought I would ask people to give their perspective in an effort to broaden my horizons and understanding of different approaches.
I'd like to ask for any impressions you have of my movement (i.e. not my teacher's); particularly areas you perceive that could use improvement. I wouldn't mind hearing about possible good aspects, too, but I'm definitely looking for a critical analysis on my ukemi here (as supplement; any food for thought would be appreciated!
Also, after getting to see a lot of other people demonstrate a slice of their training, here's my small effort to share a slice of mine, low-level though it may be. Thank you again for any insights you might offer.
Sincerely,
Matthew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrwYVsDMgfw

Gambarimashyo!