View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Musings on a Hawaii IP Seminar

Quote:
Scott Burke wrote: View Post
The answer to "Why not just let go?" after the IP/Aiki seminar. "Well, I couldn't." All my grabs became attraction points, Yin and Yang (the 2 kis from the headliner quote) were made manifest and that's all she wrote. My hands were glued to the instructor and I could not, for the life of me, get them off of him. And I tried. Never have I had that happen. Just, stuck to nage and then tossed like a pie in the oven. Now, go back and look at those photos, look at the waza O'Sensei is doing, look at the waza Saito is doing. Why can't the uke let go? What are we doing? What do we need to do?
you know that he used crazy glue right?

why would you go to a boring ip/aiki seminar in hawaii? look at all the beaches and the bodies and the beaches and bodies.... what you do? stuck around with a bunch of dudes, not even attractive ones. what wrong with you? incidentially, i stucked around with a bunch of nasty looking dudes this past weekend and wouldn't you know it, doing some aiki stuffs. i think we need some sort of international support group: Aiki Anonymous. and we need a 12 steps program. maybe even 13 steps.

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org