View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #62
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Biomechanics of simple throwing

Quote:
Jon Reading wrote: View Post
"don't try to do anything to your partner." "What? 5 years you've been showing me kata where I am instructed to do something, now you're telling me not to? F^*k this, I'm doing tai bo."
don't knock taibo. i was taking taibo some years ago, and the class were full with older ladies, i.e. much older than i was, and they kicked my ass. i was sucking wind after 10 min. they kept on going like energizer buny.

Quote:
The converse of that conversation is this one... "Hi, welcome to aikido. You have terrible posture and you're one step above sloppily hurling your body in a general direction as your primary method of locomotion. For the next 5 years, we're going to concentrate on your problem areas, which seem to involve 'being'."
but standing around not doing much isn't sexy. you need skirts swirling, bodies flying, ki force extending, where men can be men, and women can be men, and men can be women, and dogs can be cats, and we all can hold hands singing kumbaya.

have any of you folks tip over cows before?

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org