View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: DH Bristol Nov 2013 - A newbie's perspective

Quote:
Alex Megann wrote: View Post
That's what appealed to me about Dan's teaching when I saw him earlier this year. Not much mystical stuff (in my opinion there is a place for that, but this isn't really it), just a set of exercise drills and a clear, progressive rationale underlying them. You basically start with a repeated sequence opening the body in the six directions, then when you have enough sensitivity and body connection you can start working on developing yin-yang and spirals.

Some of the more advanced concepts still escape me, but I have been practising this stuff daily for six months and can feel big changes already in how my body moves.

Alex
Alex,
Please expand for this moron what you mean by opening the body in six directions .How do you develop yin yang [this is a concept ] ?As for spirals, aikido hand movements for example utilise spiral movement . By the way, is Daren in his blog referring to you or the originator of this article when he says you/other guy may have been brainwashed??What changes have you felt?I description would be welcome.Is there tangible evidence that changes have occurred or is it a bit of a placebo effect,where someone goes to the quack , get a bottle of sugary water, and the persons own imagination takes over? Cheers, Joe