View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #6
Kevin Leavitt

Dojo: Team Combat USA
United_States
Re: I Don't Care That Much

I think our society is one that has grown to be very transaction or contractual based. that is, I pay the same price as the guy next to me, you are obligated to provide me with the same service. This mentality removes the obligation of the payer to participate in the relationship. Unfortunately, budo doesn't work that way. You have to pay to play, and you have to...well...play!

Not everyone should get a trophy, and not everyone is equal....some will be better than others, and some or worth spending more time with than others....some will be worth showing things to because they have both the willingness and the capability to benefit from training.

I spend alot of time on willingness and capability in my job working in Africa with militaries. We talk about this alot. It is not enough to have one and not the other. You have to have both.

As a few have pointed out...if you don't care "that much" then you lack willingness. why should your instructor invest anything at all in you? or maybe he simply should care "that much" which probably isn't alot..