Thread: 6 Directions
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 03:23 AM   #37
Michael Varin
Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
Re: 6 Directions

Cady Goldfield wrote: View Post
Hi Michael,
First, "our internal" was not the complete phrasing; it was a typo. I'd think it would occur to everyone that "we can use our internal manipulate" is a weird configuration, as probably none of us have ever heard the word "manipulate" used as a noun. I was typing rapidly, but my keyboard glitched and the keys didn't connect as I typed "manipulation of structure." By the time I noticed it, the editing time had expired and I figured I'd post something later. Thanks so much for supposing that I'm lazy. I prefer to think that I'm just preoccupied with other things right now.

Often times, like many of us, I need to watch how I come across in writing. The lazy wasn't directed at you specifically; I've frequently seen people refer to "internal" and "internals" and I have never liked it.

I actually have really appreciated your posts of late. I feel like you are being very forthcoming about your practice.

I'm interested in further discussing some things that were raised in our posts. Personally, I believe they are critical, and for some reason they seem to get avoided. But I think I'm going to take it to another thread, because it really is getting outside the scope of six directions.

"Through aiki we can feel the mind of the enemy who comes to attack and are thus able to respond immediately." - M. Mochizuki