View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #22
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: A little story about Ki.

Quote:
Mary Malmros wrote: View Post
Oh? Do you also "don't agree" that 2+2=4? My statement was every bit as factual as that.

Not unless you've got some more compelling arguments to bring forward than you ever have here. You assert, Graham. You make statements that bluntly contradict experience and observable fact. You offer nothing in support of these statements except the newage equivalent of a four-year-old insisting, "Is, is, is, is, IS!!!" You can probably find people somewhere who accept the Yoda act as a certificate of authority to pronounce on esoteric matters, but I'm not one of those people, and never will be.

Very well. Then explain, if you would, the Buddhist teachings on equanimity,a nd exactly how your dualistic view of the universe (this week) reconciles with them.

As an alternative, you could say something like, "You know what? I don't really know much about Buddhism, in fact I only know the vaguest things about it. It seems kinda cool, but when you come right down to it, I don't really know what it's about, or what the Buddhist view on dualism is." I certainly wouldn't look down on you for saying this. But if you're going to use references to a spiritual tradition, you should certainly be knowledgeable about its fundamental principles.
Mary, I make statements that contradict whose observations? Wisdom may seem contradictory to you as do many spiritual principles. My job is not to convince you so there is no argument to have.

If you see my view as dualistic then you don't see my view at all.

There have been many Buddha's and will be many more too. Different Buddha's have given different teachings. A basic principle is that you are asleep and thus not aware of the truth. There, that's basic to all of them.

Thus you are in a dream, an illusion. In dreams do you have your eyes open? Yes of course you do yet in dreams you are asleep.

My principles in Aikido are non dualistic and thus non duellistic.

Basic Buddhist principle is you are nothing. Zero. As O'Sensei said "Until you stand in the void you cannot understand Aikido".

On these things I have no argument for I leave that to those of dualistic reasoning.

Don't worry though, I have given many spiritual principles on the spiritual forum all in alignment with basic Buddhist precepts and any other enlightened ism. Spoon feeding is not an option only presenting them to be practiced.

Peace.G.