Q1) "How long have you been practicing Aikido?"
A1: Time since I began was 37 years ago, but that's a big illusion, as I took a 20 year break to go away and kick & punch stuff.
Q2) "What is/are the name(s) of the other art(s) you are currently practicing?"
A2: Now, I really only "practice" aikido (Tomiki's) and judo. I've done some crosstraining in BJJ, but I'd consider that really just judo training, in specialty naewaza classes. Feels that way.
3) How long have you been practicing the other art(s) concurrent with your training in Aikido?
4) What ratio of time do you devote to each art (ie. how many days a week are spent practicing Aikido, how many days in the other art(s)?)
5) Is the focus/goal of your cross training:
a) to complement your practice of Aikido
b) to broaden your knowledge/overall skill as a martial artist in general
c) other (if so, what?)
6) If you believe that the current art(s) you are cross training in is/are benefiting or complementing your practice of Aikido, could you please describe how?
7) Can you think of any ways that your current cross training may actually be detrimental to your practice of Aikido and if so, please describe how.
Thanks in advance for your time![/quote]