View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #46
Gary David

United_States
Re: 105) Aikido- Martial Arts Hidden Within: June 2013

Quote:
Markus Rohde wrote: View Post
I agree.
But I doubt that an Idea of what techniques can do is crucial for what is programmed in.
It is my understanding that technique is the bottom rung of the ladder....and even it has rungs within the rungs. Technique is visible and results can be seen easily. The same can't be said about principles of movement, of internal strength and of Aiki...which are little known, little taught and little explored...and then only by a few to an effective level.

Quote:
In the main, the way of training aikido doesn't differ so much from dojo to dojo, most people don't practice in a real "martial" way......
If they did would there be more than 4 or 5 still training after a while?

Quote:
but there are many which talk about the martial aspects of aikido and the "deadly" potential of there techniques.
Again as I have been taught technique is just the beginning and most of us never get by that or get pulled back to it.....

Quote:
If I look behind, I see classical training like everywhere else, no special-forces drills ore something, that would burn in another "program".
Again only the few will go out looking for more, to add to, fine other keys to understanding...... it is what it is.....

Gary