View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #35
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: How long does it take to understand Aikido? How long to use it effectively?

Quote:
Matt Bostock wrote: View Post
I agree that a martial artist should be disciplined enough to not go round starting fights and I also believe that I am very unlikely to be attacked by a trained martial artist.
i don't bother with trying to understand aikido. it's not worth my time and effort. as far as effective goes, i have been training my aikido to deal with ninja or ninji (is that a plural for ninja or is it ninny?). there is a group of ninja training around here. i have no idea where. i have problem track them down. but every once in awhile, they would show up at the various seminars around here. it was like..*pop* and they are there. freaky buggers! i figured if i can handle the ninja, i can deal with anybody from any arts, with the exception of grandma. grandma has techniques that "no can't defense". she got this homemade cookies and pies and meatloaf. no arts known to man survived such contact. the only thing you can do is pray that you can make your pants expand a few more inches around the waist and hope that you don't pop your buttons when sitting down and getting up from the table.

*btw, if you see them ninja, please let them know that they need to clean the dishes after they ate all the foods. it's just not cool leaving a sink full of dirty dishes like that!*

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org