View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #53
allowedcloud
United_States
Re: Can we see that aikido is all over the place in MMA?

Quote:
Cliff Judge wrote: View Post
Well you haven't done much as far as laying out exactly what your training is. I haven't seen the exercises and such explicitly described. There's no youtube videos.

I have seen bits and pieces hinting at what you do, but it still seems to be a new method. Different than Aikido, more similar to Chinese arts than Aikido's antecedents.

It is really cool to read your translations - you really have a knack for finding things that match what you're thinking, whether its one of Osensei's dokas, or something from one of Sagawa's students. Sometimes you provide a little bit of supporting information from some other source too. You've got this great thing going on - its very unique!

Like, in your life? That's great, man. It is my core calling also. But I practice other arts too - I put myself into them 100% when it is training time, and then I don't worry about redefining Aikido around the other arts' techniques, philosophies and parameters. I change a little and get a little better everytime I train, and it expresses itself no matter where I am or what I am doing.
Cliff,

I highly suggest you attend one of Bill Gleason's seminars...as soon as you can. He is now teaching IP/aiki from the ground up. Go and feel and do, then you will understand the history (and it's quite an old history), training methodology, and exercises, and perhaps even how it fits into Aikido. At the very least, I highly doubt you'll be able to tell Bill that what he's doing..isn't Aikido.