Thread: Good distance ?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #34
JP3

Dojo: Wasabi Dojo
United_States
Re: Good distance ?

Dan, you said, "Michael, the video is another excellent demonstration. Both videos show the difference of telegraphing by making a body movement before the strike. And I like yours as well, because it clearly shows that the time facture can be slowed down quite a bit. Which really goes to show that "time" is less relevant. Perhaps irrelevant. And that it's distance - space - and the perception that maai has been, or is about to be, broken that counts."

I've got to point out that Time and space are directly relevant to one another. Otherwise, the statement you made above, "the perception that maai has been, or is about to be, broken" is meaningless.

There is no "about to be" in anything if time is irrelevant. Timing is everything, IMO.

That's my $0.02, but I really enjoyed the other thrust of what you said, the logic just fell out of the bottom of that part. Which makes me think that really sin't what you were trying to say.

I find it interesting that the kanji character for kuzushi illustrates a mountain falling on a house.