View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #53
Janet Rosen
  AikiWeb Forums Contributing Member

Re: Please help - got injured badly in aikido 2 days ago.worried I can't do aikido future

Good for you - for getting in to training and keeping with it to the point your teacher is pleased with your progress! Just a note...in general...most instructors have a good sense of when one of their students is ready, even if we the students don't feel quite "there."

Quote:
John Robinson wrote: View Post
Hi Kevin, you may be interested to know that in July 1997 I fractured my neck in a road traffic accident leading to three months coma, a head injury and a fused neck vertebrae c3-c8. I also now suffer from schizophrenia and so can relate to your mental health issues. My injuries have also left me with noisy breathing.

Not to be beaten however i have dabbled with martial arts over the years, and after about 40 hours mat time my local sensei told me that he thought that i am about ready for my first grading (yellow belt). Well not to be rushed, I have suggested to him that we delay it by a bit so that i can learn more of the syllabus. I don't know if you feel this way but there sure are a lot of throws and holds to learn. But be this as it may, i can generally do the techniques when shown how, and so in consequence I am considering asking him about this grading again when i see him this week, to see if he is still happy for me to take it.

Please note in our dojo there is no randori and it is just waza. I think that this is the traditional rote.

Janet Rosen
http://www.zanshinart.com
"peace will enter when hate is gone"--percy mayfield