Thread: Curious
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 10:06 AM   #3
Genex

Dojo: Warrington Seishin Kai
Smile

I must say that through the practice of aikido i have become more self confident and less afraid to walk around at night, naturaly afraid all my life since i used to live in wythenshawe (nice big council estate in manchester england well known for gangs and stabbings etc..) anyhoo where i live now is starting to fill with the usual trash y'know kids in baseball caps matching track suits and rockport shoes (pants tucked into socks) they hang about stealing stuff smashing things and burning out cars because "hehehe that was kewl..hehehe" so obviously walking to the local garage at 4 am (wife's pregnant and requires 3 gallons of milk a day) they're hangin round nist as pewts and generaly spoiling for an ass kicking in which i feel confortable in doing, however i feel confident i could just throw em around without really hurting them now thanks to aikido.

i have also noticed that large crowds of ppl dont appear to be much of a problem any more...dont suppose other ppl have noticed this too?

pete

like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick. - The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy on the Pan-galactic Gargleblaster!