View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Cady Goldfield
United_States
Ki Symbol New Hampshire I Liq Chuan Workshop with Wai Tang, April 20-21, 2013

An I Liq Chuan seminar in New Hampshire taught by Wai Tang, disciple of Master Sam F.S. Chin, is in the works for April 20-21, 2013. Sessions will run from 10a.m. to 5p.m. each day, and the cost for the full two days is $150. The seminar location has not yet been confirmed, but it will be in the Manchester, NH area and the exact info will be posted here as soon as it's available.

The I Liq Chuan spinning hands training process is the tentative focus for this weekend workshop. The core of the I Liq Chuan system is in its spinning/sticky hand drills and exercises, which resemble Tai Chi push hands, but are somewhat different. Instead, students train by spinning their hands and forearms around each other while trying to focus their mind and senses, to feel their partner's energy and also be aware of their own body and its reactions. From there, various combat applications are employed.

The skills that this practice imparts are useful for martial artists of all kinds and backgrounds to enhance both their internal and their combative abilities, and are especially relevant to Aikido.

This promises to be a very dynamic and educational workshop. Call Aaron Butler at 603.305.6447 for more information.

Last edited by Cady Goldfield : 03-19-2013 at 12:04 PM.