View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #45
SparkErosion
Dojo: 6th Kyu (yellow belt) rank/ Five Rings Aikido/ Seidokan hybrid style
United_States
Re: Please help - got injured badly in aikido 2 days ago.worried I can't do aikido future

Hi guys, just wanted to make an update. It's been some time since I last posted here.

It's healed completely. However, the pain still lingers.

Its not alot of pain at all, but it hurts sometimes a decent amount and then it goes away. For a short moment I have some pain, (several seconds) then the pain goes away again. I'm wondering if this is normal or if I'm always going to have pain with this injury. I still cannot sleep on my left side, due to the strain on the shoulder.

I passed my first test (yellow belt, rokkyu) successfully after the injury recently.

It mostly hurts when I roll. Rolling on my left side (which is my 'good' side, I roll best on my left side for some reason) properly with very low impact still gives it some pain. Taking ukemi to a kaiten nage is painful sometimes.

Rolling backwards it doesn't really hurt/barely hurts at all. just forward on the left side. Certain positions seem to hurt more.

I know you guys aren't doctors, but has anyone here experienced the same thing? What helped you with it? Has the pain gone away for you completely?

6th Kyu in Aikido. (Yellow belt). Been training consistently for 10 months.