View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #60
mrlizard123
Dojo: Templegate Dojo
United Kingdom
Re: A simple mechanical model of body use.

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
I guess the real problem, is most of us don't want to take the time (or quite likely have the experience/training) to hash all of this out.

I think we can all look at is the simple stuff, and think about how that might play out.

Simple things, like force is made in muscles. The skeleton can aid in taking force and moved into the direction of the force.
So you're of the opinion that it only makes sense to describe in terms of precisely what happens, because you believe that will help someone to understand and progress.

Ok for something simple to give us an idea of the type of description you're after please describe in terms of muscular usage precisely how you would reach up and pick a jar off of a shelf above your head to your right and place it on a table at waist height to your left.

Ensure that you only refer to contractions of specific muscles as I wouldn't want to stray outside of what actually happens, though if you want to include the electrical and chemical impulses that might help too.

Once we have an idea of how simple it is to describe we can use that example of your simple model to move forwards.

Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile