View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #41
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: Int. Vs. Ext - resisting a push

Quote:
Rich Hobbs wrote: View Post
You're asking me the question I've asked you to illustrate. You've said quite clearly that you believe what people would call internal is merely an athletic skill, something which you understand. I'm looking for your input on how to achieve stability vs a push from any direction where the angle of the incoming force is not known in advance since this is something that a skilled internal practitioner, by your argument a skilled athlete, can demonstrate.
Ha, kind of flipping things around aren't we? I admire the attempt.

I've never said that ANYONE can achieve omnidirectional stability. I don't think anyone can. I can't even imagine how that could possibly happen. That's been one of my questions all along.

I do believe 'internal' people and athletes, both being at a good level, are physically doing basically the same things. I don't believe 'internal' people can do anything that athletes can't do. Good athletes feel the force coming in, and adjust to it as it does. This is also what I believe good internal people do. I don't believe that good internal people are simply always stable from every direction and they never need to adjust to new forces from different angles.

If they ('internal' people) can do this, my question is how? I do not suggest that athletes can do this, 'omnidirectional stability'.

Quote:
I would like more diagrams if you would be so kind, the other ones helped to show what you meant quite well.

Thanks in advance!
I've made my diagrams. I made them to illustrate how I understand one can align with with incoming force. I have yet to see a logical argument for how 'internal' stability is different, so it would be impossible for me to make a diagram for this. If you explain to me how it's suppose to work, maybe I could make a diagram for you.