Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #83
ChrisHein

Dojo: Aikido of Fresno
United_States
Re: "Internal" and "External"

Quote:
Kevin Leavitt wrote: View Post
Chris wrote:

What is your take on Fascia? I seemed to have read and most of my IS guys tell me that recruitment of fascia plays an integral part in this stuff which I tend to agree with especially now that I have some torn in my leg that is very noticable along with some other ligaments, and tendons that affect my structure. I think there is much more going on in the system than just muscles. What is your take on this?
I've done some reading on fascia. From what I got, it's main purpose is in allowing muscles to slide over each other. It also holds some stuff in and together. I have heard that there have been studies done (I've not actually read any of the studies), that show fascia might sometimes contract. That's all hearsay to me, so I couldn't tell you anything about that.

I feel that connective tissue is basically, connective. Muscles contract and pull on the connective tissue which makes us move. Even if there is some way (and I've very suspicious of this) that connective tissue can do a small amount of work, it could never compare to muscle.