Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #279
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: Vantage points

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Regarding fees:
Start a thread stating the fees of Saotome or Ushiro, and cut and paste the same negative comments that have been posted here.

There is an obvious undercurrent of anger here. I have taken more personal slams directed at my character, motives and honesty than any combination of individuals.
The fact that 99% of the seminar attendees write in with positive comments and the fact that no one....not one person from Aikido has been physically able to handle me matters not.

Jun has hopefully gotten...all...of us on board to knock this stuff off. We'll see how it goes.

I started the thread in an attempt to discuss why no one from here will acknowledge that almost all of those who come to these seminars switch and start training this way. Those are almost impossible odds. As outrageously successful as an outcome as you could hope for. It is far beyond anything -I- ever imagined would happen.
I wanted to discuss that.
As I predicted....no one wants to address that! So, instead they attack -me- in anyway they can.

Look at the original post, look at the replies, all over the map to avoid the OP.....

I keep trying to help and I am succeeding so I'll keep my eye on the ball and satisfy myself with the incredible letters I keep receiving from teachers with decades of experience, thanking me for opening their eyes....with material that isn't even mine.....
It came from the founder of their own art, Aikido!!!

Dan
For the record:

When I host Ushiro Sensei, I pay for his economy class airfare ONLY (roundtrip Japan-New York). He charges me NO seminar fee. I provide him with a payment of the proceeds, because of my belief that this is proper behavior on my part. I have Ushiro Sensei and several people from Japan stay at my house. I have formal meals for all of the students who travel to Japan for the seminar. My wife and I prepare gourmet meals and fine drinks for ANY teacher who teaches at my dojo. Simply ask George Ledyard Sensei about how I host teachers.

If anybody would like to suggest that Ushiro Sensei is charging exorbitant fees and is living high and mighty when he travels for seminars, then they simply do not know what they are talking about, or have been told lies. I hope to never see another post where somebody is alleging that Ushiro Sensei is somehow charging exorbitant fees for his seminars in the US.

As to Dan Harden and his seminars, it is my personal belief that Dan's seminars provide the biggest bang for the buck PERIOD. I believe that you pay less than most seminars and walk away with tons of useful information. I have a personal relationship with both Dan Harden and Ushiro Sensei. If people want to put out misinformation about either man, they can expect a corrective post from me.

Marc Abrams