View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #43
phitruong
Dojo: Charlotte Aikikai Agatsu Dojo
United_States
Re: Online Decline?

Quote:
Matthew Gano wrote: View Post
I think part of it has to do with the fact that this is a forum of martial artists and that many martial artists are more likely to push back when a push is perceived. I'd say most people do this, but I would imagine martial artists do it more...that's my assumption though.
i thought O Sensei said to turn when push and to enter when pull. don't remember he said anything about push back. are we suck at learning aikido lesson or what?

Quote:
I also think it's hard for people to put their names out in the open like this; I know I am one of them and I regularly feel self-conscious and foolish after having posted something. I've been misread and I've misspoken, both felt very uncomfortable. Now, I have my own issues with putting my name on things, but as has been expressed by Nicholas, others have their own version too.
if you are uncomfortable with putting your name out, i am willing to offer my service of putting your name on everyone of my post. i'd do it for free even. offer to everyone else too.

Quote:
Now off to do suburi in the rain!
Matthew
don't you know it dangerous to do suburi in the rain? your grips might slip and you will be practicing the advance sword sailing technique, which only worked if you are doing kungfu movie and running on top of bambo. that's why when it rains, i break out the IP Man movies, then move on to the 13 assasins, then princess bride, and end with die hard (would he just die already!) or might even end with scary movies.

hmmm so what are we talking about here? i thought we suppose to practice shoshin on here as well. not the case? incidentally, or accidentally, myshin is killing me for walking into the coffee table!

"budo is putting on cold, wet, sweat stained gi with a smile and a snarl" - your truly
http://charlotteaikikai.org