Thread: Online Decline?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #38
gregstec
Dojo: Aiki Kurabu
United_States
Re: Online Decline?

As far as the issue of ¡Ætone¡Ç is concerned, I am sure I have been guilty of wrong ¡Ætone¡Ç at times - on those occasions, it was not my intention to come across that way and I apologize if I offended or caused anyone any grief over it.

However, as a martial artist, when pushed, I push back, and the issue of disrespectful tone cuts both ways - as I see it, there has been bad ¡Ætone¡Ç from more than just the IP/IS people. As I mentioned in another post, I have no problem with folks not seeing Aiki the way I do, but when Aiki is being discussed, I will present my view on it so others know there is more out there about Aiki than what other Aikido folks are presenting.

In reading the ¡Ætone¡Ç from some posts in this thread, I get the feeling some folks would like to have the IP/IS people banned from the site and/or restricted in some fashion - I see this type of mindset akin to censorship and similar to how the Romans viewed the Christians as a threat to their core beliefs.

I agree we all need to get along and discuss things with respect for each other - I think people on both sides of any issue should not take things as a personal attack just because someone diagrees with their beliefs - to really have a fruitful discussion, you have to have diverse views to discuss - if we all thought the same thing, there would be no need for discussion and we all could be very content just keeping our respective heads buried in the sand

Greg