Thread: Vantage points
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #132
MM
United_States
Re: Pertaining to the seeds of rancor

Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote: View Post
No, I said no such thing. What I said was, "This line of argument that one group is "better" than the other has no place in a discussion forum. Please stop."

Just because you (the generic "you" in this case) might be able to best someone in a physical altercation does not have bearing to a discussion. That is one line of argument that I do not want to see here on AikiWeb.
I think I understand what you meant. Wasn't how I took your post, so my apologies for misreading/misunderstanding you. FWIW, I don't see any "group" as better. I do see IP/aiki as making differences in martial contexts, though. So, in that light, those aiki legends (Ueshiba, etc) did prove better than most. But, that certainly doesn't mean anyone who has the availability to train IP/aiki couldn't replicate what they did.

Quote:
Jun Akiyama wrote: View Post
Please stop putting things into my mouth, Mark. I have never said any such thing.
I never said you did. One of the downsides to taking a very limited, unseen approach to managing a forum is that people don't know what you want. I can't read your mind. Sometimes, it does seem like you want IP/aiki to go away. Sometimes it doesn't. I really didn't know. I'm still unsure. But, I'd guess it isn't a Modern Aikido only thing. So, again, Jun, my apologies.

Sorry it took so long to reply. December has been a rough month...

Mark