Thread: Vantage points
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #75
Ernesto Lemke
Dojo: Seikokan , Leeuwarden
Netherlands
Re: Vantage points

Wow Hugh, great post. To me, it also covers big parts of the thread on "online decline". The points you raise are indeed worthy of vigorous debate. And here I was thinking that most every topic had by now seen the light of day.
I've read Aikiweb nearly from it's inception and it's become a habit since years to check this (and a few other) forums on a daily basis. These days however, only occassionaly do I end up following a thread with any great interest. Many times I catch myself wondering why I keep reading it with the frequency that I do. If it wasn't for my interest in, and I guess also being part of the "IP crowd" (whatever that means) I probably would have been gone a long time ago.

Though I rarely participate, and I still think better minds than mine have more to offer to the discussions, I would hate to see the discussions stop. It was Aikiweb amongst others that put me in touch with many interesting people around the globe. I've made friends as a result and hope to make many more.

Sorry for the thread drift. Let me finish by pointing out the obvious: Hugh's points could form the start of several new threads for those who take an interest....

Ernesto