Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #29
Dazzler
Dojo: Bristol North Aikido Dojo
England
Re: A Ueshiba launch

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
Daren
If you and Walter want a chance at having Dan near you you need to take charge and make it happen....find a place, collect the people and let Dan know that you would like to have him come by. Depending on his schedule it could happen sooner or later.....just talking about it won't get it done. It is what I had to do to get him out here the first time......

Gary
Hi Gary ........The guy kidnaps students and makes them take us to late night drinking dens, impresses local greco-roman wrestlers so much that they storm my dojo looking for me to be as good as him (ha ha)..charms my wife and daughter so they say "why can't you be more like Dan", ...basically gives a seminar thats in a different class and shows me I'm light years behind....hell ...thats great advice Gary....seriously....Why would I want him back? .mind you - he snores like a buzzsaw when he's had a long flight....but don't tell him I said so.

Seriously - wise words of course...I'm just being greedy and if theres something in Canada that gave me a chance to visit old friends AND get some time in with Dan...well - you know it makes sense

Anyway - apologies for thread derail...

Last edited by Dazzler : 12-21-2012 at 09:16 AM.