View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 AM   #212
Carl Thompson

Japan
Re: Is aiki a clash of forces?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Speaking of which, why is it that you never...ever...mention all those other people who have met me, Sam, Ark or Mike and what they have written?
Hello Dan

Just to clarify as a point of reference for those who (for whatever reason) can't get hold of you: Could you confirm that those named above, in your opinion, are "vetted" people who are working on the same kind of skills and in a similar league to how you are using them? Also, I can't tell for sure if you aren't saying you met these people in the above sentence. Did you?

Thanks for any response.

Quote:
Carsten Möllering wrote: View Post
This is how it feels when this is done: Power coming toward me, being uke. Not being able to enter. tori. But interestingly he is entering me. Suddenly it is him who moves me. Most often I am not even able to withdraw myself.
Interesting enough this "slow but tremendous power" is not hurting, is not hard, is not fighting. Not at all. Becouse this power enters into uke and takes over the control of his movements.
Dear Carsten

Since there is a particular definition of "Aiki" being used here with regards to the question of forces clashing, would you say Endo Shihan has it? Do you think what he does is comparable to Dan Harden, Akuzawa Sensei, Mike Sigman et al?

Regards

Carl