View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #199
Garth
United_States
Re: Is aiki a clash of forces?

You have insulted my teacher and my dojo, now you must pay!!?#@?%$

No seriously Chris,
Before we do bad Saturday afternoon kung-fu movie, I am approaching 50 fast and have played every sport under the sun(not professionally of course) but consider myself "athletic" . Considering, I can run circles in the dojo around people half my age. Dont think I can "run" a mile anymore as I have not trained that way in quite a while. So sport specific is important. And besides all the normal physical maladies a 50yo "athlete" can acquire, there is more that I will not acknowledge here. So, my question is....

What do you think 80+ Ueshiba was doing out there on the mat? Just curious, since he couldn't possibly be "athletic" as you mentioned. Were "all" his students being nice and just falling down for the old man?
Were they just fearful of the once legendary power? How was an 83 yo carried on the mat like a saggy old man and transformed into a "ball of iron". Or did the old man know the secrets of the NFL combine before there was a combine?

And the BTW , I just drove for a total of 7 hours to see Dan for 3, so besides no "official martial arts" credits to speak of , I think that gives me some hardcore "belief capital" to spend on this thread. So I would appreciate for you to get out from behind your keyboard and seek out ... probably someone else mentioned like Ark or Sam, because publicly bating Dan is bad idea. Also, I hope you dont think you are attracting quality people to your cause

A day will dawn when you will yourself laugh at your effort. That which is on the day of laughter is also now.
Ramana Maharishi