View Single Post
Old 10-18-2002, 03:53 AM   #9
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 117
Aarjan Meirink (aarjan) wrote:
My Sensei told me that Tamura Sensei calls "Gokyo" Oyogi and "Ude kime nage" Henka waza. Given the information can anyone explain this?
Well, the udekimenage part could be due to the fact that it's easily interchangeable with shihonage (and prolly other techniques, though I'm not experienced enough to tell) depending on how your partner reacts to your movements. I don't think my sensei uses the particular term (henka waza) to refer to it, but he does emphasize the closeness of the ' opening positions' of both techniques

'henka', translated, means 'change', that' s all i know
  Reply With Quote