View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #35
Re: Sensing energy from far away: is this achievable or BS?

Demetrio Cereijo wrote: View Post
The University of Richmond Martial Arts Club is open to all members of the University of Richmond community. A wide variety of martial arts are taught, including Aikido, Hapkido, Judo, Jujitsu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do , and more. All skills levels, from beginner to advanced, and all styles, are welcome!

Is this your actual club?
It is, but that's just marketing. In reality they only do Tang So Do and some half-butt Aikido. Nobody even knows what ukemi is after 3 months of training. I can't do kotegaeshi on any of them because they will break their wrists. Oh, and no mat.

Four dojos from this sites dojo locator are 11.3, 8.3, 8.2 & 7.5 miles away from the U. A bicycle will get you there shortly. Walking will get you there eventually. Running will get you there in less than 2 hours. Just how badly do you want to get there?
Really bad.

I thought about running there Tuesday and Thursday. However I need to consider this carefully, cause I'm still a full-time college student. I might just end up trying it out next week. Thanks for the inspirational push. I guess sometimes we just need to decide what we want and make the sacrifice