Old 10-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #156
Marc Abrams
Dojo: Aikido Arts of Shin Budo Kai/ Bedford Hills, New York
United_States
Re: VoE: AWASE - The Principle of AIKI

Quote:
Eric Winters wrote: View Post
Hi all,

I agree with most of what Dan is saying. (I have never met him)

But I think that the problem some people have with Dan and Mark is that they give no "How To's" and claim IHTBF (Reasonable) and Dan also does not want to give to much verbal info because he does not want the unskilled boobs to sound like the know stuff (can't remember were that post is). So the only thing that seems to come out into the posts sounds like "nobody in aikido understands aikido and everybody that does Aikido sucks unless they train with Dan."

Now they may or may not think that who knows, but it sure does seem like it from the posts.

Otherwise, IMHO what they are doing is essential for great aikido or any other movement activity you chose to do.

Best,

Eric
Eric:

You could not be farther from the truth. Dan gives EXPLICIT "how to's" in the clearest, sequential manner than any other person I have ever trained with. The sheer number of people who have attended one of his seminars can clearly attest to this. Knock yourself out and test your own hypothesis out. Who knows, you might later be offering an apology or retraction of this belief.

As to the larger issue of the intellectual debate that some would like to place this topic in....... Go Fish! You can talk until the dawn of a new era and nothing, nothing with have changed. Those who are pursuing this type of IP work are changing. Those left wasting their precious moments in useless, intellectual debates about a tangible product, will keep on in the direction that they are heading in. People who train with people from each group will very quickly understand reality.

Mark has not only produced more historical context than anyone else posting, but he is also doing the tangible work necessary for change. I give him a lot of credit for continually placing this information out there so others can make their feckless attacks on his research. Personally, I find it more rewarding to do the work and leave these debates to others.

Good Luck!

Marc Abrams