View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #66
MM
United_States
Re: Who's missing out? (On "Promotion and advertising" rhetoric)

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
There is not one member of this forum I can think of who isn't a nice and helpful person.
Peace.G.
Let's go back to your original post where you stated:

"Promotion and advertising. It appears to me that a lot of what's being talked about Aikido or Aiki wise has degraded into advertising..."

So, who is doing the degrading advertising if everyone on this forum is a nice and helpful person?

Then you go on to say, "The message given by such advertising is that you are missing out, that you must have and if you don't then you are wrong or less than."

So, who is not being helpful by stating that others are "missing out" and are "wrong or less than" if, as you state now, everyone is nice and helpful?

Quote:
In fact as I have repeated promotion and advertising is good.
Not according to your original post, where you stated, "Promotion and advertising. It appears to me that a lot of what's being talked about Aikido or Aiki wise has degraded into advertising..."

and, "Promotion......ahh, gone are the days so it seems where one just promotes what he is doing, happy for those who want to do likewise and happy for those who don't." Obviously, these degrading salesmen are using the bad kind of advertising and promotion.

Quote:
1) You insist I must answer your question. You insist I must do so or else Jun should delete. You insist I should not only answer them but in the specific way and format you prescribe or else consequences will result.

Standard practice, tactics employed by pressure salesmen.
Peace.G.
So, you just called me a pressure salesmen, which you then state does not operate from the budo of love.

Quote:
A pressure salesman does not operate from the budo of love.

Peace.G.
Now, tell me again, how you think everyone here is nice and helpful?

This is your normal passive aggressive behaviour. You use veiled insults and then when you're called on them, you completely turn around and try to state just the opposite. You're not going to answer the questions, are you?

Mark