View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #53
sakumeikan
Dojo: Sakumeikan N.E. Aikkai .Newcastle upon Tyne.
United Kingdom
Re: Two centers making a connection or one- in a bujutsu body?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Okay. But...when you talk about your experiences in an Aikido dojo its fine. When I talk about my abilities and experiences they are coined as "advertising" or "bullying." So I try to never talk about the very real outcomes anymore. When any Shihan I have ever met tries anything on me it is neutralized and fizzles out and they stare at me. They cannot make any sort of successful response. This has also worked with many other Martial artists of all types. That's my experience.

If there were a time and a place for both-doesn't someone need to know both?

I haven't read of or seen anyone who discussed both approaches. Did I miss something?
The same body skill to neutralize aikido teachers works against others in other arts. It also works well with weapons.
The answer is not to extend through anyone. I don't project ki like that. I keep it balanced in me. Therefore I release no energy.
I make no connection-to anyone.
I do not expose or share my center with anyone
They have no access to it.
Where has that been discussed?
Dan
Dear Dan,
While it may well be possible to neutralise a person in body art unless you are really skilled guy
I think you would struggle against people who are masters of kenjutsu /escrima or batto ho.Kendo masters can whop you as quick as look at you. What about Kyudo exponents /archery or a slingshot from a distance?Do you evade these as in the manner of O sensei [who reputedly saw bullets in flight]?Please explain your methods of dealing with these scenarios. Hope you liked Bristol. Good place to have a few glasses of wine. Did you by chance meet Mike Narey?? Cheers, Joe.