View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #27
yugen

United_States
Re: Two centers making a connection or one- in a bujutsu body?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
3. How smart would you be to open your center up to "making a connection" to my center or trying to make a four legged animal, with me?
It is not a very smart idea, and it is not the way. You will always be open to being controlled, to being late and "reactionary or responding to their movement. It is not the way to exert your will on them as Ueshiba outlined as aiki. When you move with a bujutsu body; they are late, they are reacting and they are open to being owned.

Takeda, Sagawa, Horikawa, Hisa, Ueshiba. Shioda, Shirata, Mochizuki, Tomiki, Tohei and Saotome were all known to "feel" different....and be devastatingly effective...sans any technique....and could not be thrown.
Where?
When?
And what dojo(s)?
Was that once considered...good?
Now......

If we do not feel like them......
Why not?
Dan
My answers to your questions:

I would not want to open my center to you - its disconcerting and scary. To the questions where, when and what dojos is that considered good - I don't know. Hence my thoughts and questions on ukemi methodology - was there another practice for the reason behind ukemi? Which I think mirrors Gregory's question of how is ukemi to be reconciled?

"If we do not feel like them, why not?" my answer, the internal practice isn't there or was never shown - from my own felt experience. Secondly - its hard work to get that good, the body work is slow and hard to acquire and requires diligence.

So Dan my question to you. In your seminars you say that the Masters only taught this good stuff to a few. Is it possible they were just singling out the people who showed the desire and required diligence? i.e. why waste time with people who don't want to put in the work?