View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
MM
United_States
Re: Who's missing out?

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
Point out posts and people? No I will not. I point out a concept and a reality. To understand it one would merely have to look at modern advertising and it's message.
Modern advertising is all over the place. There is no congruent, fixed "thing" labelled "modern advertising". So again, please detail out what you mean in relation to "a lot of what's being talked about Aikido or Aiki wise has degraded into advertising". You stated "a lot". Please show us the threads, posts, people who are doing all this degrading into advertising.

Quote:
Whether you say something is right or wrong is of no concern to me thank you.

I don't denigrate people thank you.
Really? Let's quote your words, "Minds led this way and that way by the fear of missing out, shame really. As I see it it's just unnecessary fodder for the insecure." You just denigrated people by calling some people insecure because of the fear of missing out. Instead of addressing a topic, you addressed people's personalities, calling them insecure, attacking their character.

Quote:
So back to topic. If you don't understand then study the ways and psychology of modern advertising.

Are you missing out on anything Aikido? Do you think others are? Now that would be more to the point.

Peace.G.
Yes, back to topic. You stated that people are degrading because they are talking about advertising or promoting aikido in an unhealthy manner. So, please give us the threads, posts, people where this is happening. If you can't, then please apologize to the aikido community for your denigrating them into insecure salespeople who are driven by fear. If you won't, then perhaps Jun can lock and/or delete this thread as I see no real purpose for it except to continue your passive aggressive attacks.