View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #64
Tengu859
Dojo: Yushinkan NYC
United_States
Re: Sumo: light vs heavy and IS?

Quote:
Chris Hein wrote: View Post
I have seen what is done in this video many times. I have studied internal Chinese Martial arts. I can do the things shown in this video. I'll make a video of me showing these things. I'll show up in person at one of your seminars in California and demonstrate this for you if you'd like.

This type of thing is very common in Chinese internal, any good teacher will show you these things. While it can be impressive it's not what I believe Ueshiba was going for. I don't think what I see in this video will bring the world together. It does not speak "Aikido is the principle of unifying heaven, earth and humankind." or "Aikido is the way of supreme, unbounded, perfect, and inexhaustible love that binds and sustains the universe." These too are the words of the founder. As I describe Aiki, these words fit perfectly, I don't see how they apply to what I'm seeing in that video.
Chris,

Yes, yes, yes!!! There is still hope for the MA's. I applaud the fact that you are willing to go and demonstrate what you mean. I respect that. That's more than others are willing to do... You have just inspired me to get off my butt(and Internet)and train. Yes, yes, yes!!! :0)

All the Best,
ChrisW