View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
JJF

Dojo: Vestfyn Aikikai Denmark
Denmark
Re: Tozando dogi recommendations, austere training

I've got both the waffle and the seersucker - plus the standard aikido gi. The latter is by far my favourite, but on the very hot days I'll jump into my waffle gi. BTW - if you ask them they will put strings on the front of the gi for tying it together.. that's quite nice unless you do judo style practice which will just rip the strings off.

I was quite fond of the waffle gi's for a while - especially when I go to a seminar and want to bring more gi's but I also thing they tend to be harder on my skin than the other gi's. Also they get a strange color after being washed a couple dozen times I think.

The seersucker gi I own is a bit too large, so I don't use it that much, but I do prefer the fabric to the waffle gi's. However I also end up going back to my standard Aikido Gi. It is the best of my Tozando gi's. Nice quality at a fair price even though the exchange rate between danish money and Yen is really bad right now (for me that is).

Most of my students use the standard aikido gi from Tozando with names on the sleeve and some with the tie-string. It's holding up very nicely for both soft and vigorous practice.

Enjoy your gi

JJ

- Jørgen Jakob Friis

Inspiration - Aspiration - Perspiration