View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #6
Adam Huss

United_States
Re: Tozando dogi recommendations, austere training

I received my waffle style gi. I ordered it late Tuesday night and received it Friday around noon, very fast and easy experience. I actually ordered football tickets from Stub Hub the same day (they came from a seller two hours away from me), and the gi got here first! Uniform is very light and very much reminds me of a high-quality, lightweight, bathrobe you would find at a high-end hotel like JW Marriott. The material is definitely thin and light. I've only been through one class so far, so durability is hard to judge. It does 'fell' less durable than what I'm used to, even brushed cotton karate go I sometimes wear to aikido class. Its was a little big (I'm 5'9, 180lbs), but shrunk up to a perfect fit with two, 30 minute, dryer sessions on low heat (with a few hour break in between the two dryer sessions). The drawstrings are very very short...both on me and my friend who has a narrower waist than I do (I'm a 32, he's a 30). For last night's class I just tied it in the back, but will replace stock drawstring with one from another gi pant.

So far, so good.

Ichi Go, Ichi Ei!