Old 09-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #130
graham christian
Dojo: golden center aikido-highgate
England
Re: Ki and power and cooperation

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
Graham
I think you misunderstand me......I said we had the same beginnings, but we don't have the same realities. I am real clear on what was being taught at the time by the source instructors, I know folks who had close ties (in the 70's) with Tohei Sensei, who had long talks and discussions with him...we didn't get more than preliminary understandings and thought that was enough. The question still has to be answered as to what these teachers actually knew and were willing to pass along....or....what they didn't know to start with.

It has only been recently that there has been enough cross training with folks in parts of both Japanese and Chinese martial arts, arts with established applications of internal training with IP/IS, other folks who can actually translate, who have access to written documents that we can even question what we were originally given, Questions that even though only partially answered so far add doorways to reaching depth and substance were maybe only a framework existed before.

I am not asking you to accept what I see as reality, and I am surely not going to try to change what you see as real.....just telling you how it is for me.

as always
Gary
Well put. I do understand where you are coming from and I do understand what your reality is.

Actually I do accept what you see as reality why shouldn't I? I accept it, I see it, I recognise it, I understand it. The only question is whether I fully agree with it.

In my world disagreement doesn't equal against.

Peace.G.