View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #68
OwlMatt

Dojo: Milwaukee Aikikai
United_States
Re: Ki to the Highway

Quote:
Greg Steckel wrote: View Post
The nervous system is not of the mind, it is physical and it is controlled by the mind - the bridge is the ki.
If the mind can control the body, why does it need a bridge?

Quote:
Who ever said the sacrifice of people to the gods was wrong? at the time I sure it served a purpose and had functions in the society - today they have found other solutions for those functions
They have found other solutions because that one was wrong. I'm not having a conversation here about whether or not human sacrifice is wrong.

Quote:
- ki/chi belief is still very much alive within the Eastern cultures - and until someone comes along with a better solution to the functions it serves, it will stay that way.
The point of the blog post is that I think we do have better solutions. We have physics.

Quote:
To me, ki is a form of energy much like electrical, magnetic, and other forms of energy within the electro-magnetic spectrum that resides in both the mental and physical domains of all living things as well as in the atomic structure of inanimate objects.
How come physicists have never found ki on the electromagnetic spectrum, then?

Quote:
It can be felt, developed, and controlled by all sentient beings within themselves as well as in others with the proper connection - in a nut shell, I see ki as how Tohei taught it. This model of ki can explain why an opponent can feel energy movement within themselves that is being controlled by someone else that is simply connected to them with no physical movement - how does your model explain that?

Greg
Are you saying that I should be able to stand still, make no physical movement at all, and make you feel "energy movement", just with the use of my mind and will? That sounds like a magic trick, not martial art.

Last edited by OwlMatt : 07-05-2012 at 01:07 AM.