Thread: Ordered murder
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #25
Anthony Loeppert
Dojo: Aikido of Del Mar
Re: Ordered murder

Benjamin Green wrote: View Post
If it's a lawful order, then I'll shoot them; if it's them or me, then I'll shoot them; if it's them or my mate, then I'll shoot them; if I think they're going to become a threat, then I'll shoot them; if they're in the way, and they're not civilians, then I'll shoot them.
This reminds me of a joke (if I could find a direct link, I would provide it) by Nick DiPaolo many years ago, something along the lines of:

"I heard on the news a guy got shot at a gas station..." "...and they said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Where do you go when your tank is on 'E', Chuck-E-Cheese?" It could be that the ones getting shot aren't in the "wrong place and wrong time" but rather the trigger puller is.

How greedy are you? How selfish? Those are the underlying questions and they're not confined to warfare.
These are specifics not germane to the question...

Just because someone has no taste for killing face to face doesn't make it any more than a taste for a different style of selfishness.
Yes! But. The lack of a "taste for killing face to face" yet the desire to kill is exactly the issue at hand. If I have a task and I can't hire anyone to do that for me.... well, my plan doesn't execute.