View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #25
Anthony Loeppert
Dojo: Aikido of Del Mar
United_States
Re: Ordered murder

Quote:
Benjamin Green wrote: View Post
If it's a lawful order, then I'll shoot them; if it's them or me, then I'll shoot them; if it's them or my mate, then I'll shoot them; if I think they're going to become a threat, then I'll shoot them; if they're in the way, and they're not civilians, then I'll shoot them.
This reminds me of a joke (if I could find a direct link, I would provide it) by Nick DiPaolo many years ago, something along the lines of:

"I heard on the news a guy got shot at a gas station..." "...and they said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Where do you go when your tank is on 'E', Chuck-E-Cheese?" It could be that the ones getting shot aren't in the "wrong place and wrong time" but rather the trigger puller is.

Quote:
How greedy are you? How selfish? Those are the underlying questions and they're not confined to warfare.
These are specifics not germane to the question...

Quote:
Just because someone has no taste for killing face to face doesn't make it any more than a taste for a different style of selfishness.
Yes! But. The lack of a "taste for killing face to face" yet the desire to kill is exactly the issue at hand. If I have a task and I can't hire anyone to do that for me.... well, my plan doesn't execute.

Regards,
Anthony