Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #73
Chris Parkerson
Dojo: Academy of the Martial Arts
United_States
Re: My Spiritual Aikido.

Quote:
Gary Welborn wrote: View Post
Chris
Your questions above are like asking me why I don't like motherhood, apple pie and the American flag....how am I suppose to answer?

My talking body was NEVER to say that one needed to have a perfect body to do any of this or that people couldn't work their approach to this art from where ever they are coming from.

Spirit is not first with me....it is just one of a set.....leave one out, short one in practice...the whole is less than the sum of the parts. And cooperative practice is not the key here.

see ya

Gary
Eloquently put. I agree whole heartedly. Inner alchemy is key to efficient body work.
I got the impression I had disappointed you by asking the questions I asked. The phone call filled in our disconnect. I am glad we talked. Many of us assumed this happened with just doing Kata. Others of us searched out Chinese teachers. Many followed Mantak Chia's program. Some found better sources than others. We should be grateful to them if the take the time to share it publically.

I do wonder whether Ueshiba also was trained in and practiced a form of shamanism from his experience in Oomoto? If so, how would that correlate to the aikido practice?

Regards,

Chris