View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #262
DH
United_States
Re: Spiritual and i/p

Quote:
Graham Christian wrote: View Post
If that scares you, if you see that as some kind of threat, if you see that as impossible, if you see that as not fitting to your empirical methods, if you see that as strange, so what? That's you not me.

I am beholden not to you, only the people I have delivered the promise to.

I have never met a person yet who wasn't happily impressed. That's all I need to know. I don't fit your usual image or progress line. Not my problem.
Peace.G.
Hi Graham
In many ways I have found your demeanor admirable. You do have failings sometimes, as we all do. I would suggest you consider some advice given to me by Jun, Marc and George; You, like me, and everyone else here are beholden to each of us in a way. We make the community and we invest time and our lives in training and talking to each other. We have built a community here from around the world. If we are here talking, then we are a part of that by choice. That comes at a price. And it is a good thing not a bad thing. Since you made yourself part of the community here, you have made some startling and declarative commentaries on Aikido, Ueshiba and certain truths. I was intrigue by some of your writing and thoughts. That they will draw attention and a desire to come feel/test it to see if your ideas are sound or not (Judging by the declarative and authoritative nature of some of your posts) should not come as a surprise to you. Virtually everyone here, myself included who has written in this manner has been pushed to demonstrate and they have met people from here and did exactly that.

Ellis paid a wonderful compliment to me by telling me "You need to get out there and let people feel this and teach it, and if you don't want to, then get your ass off the net and shut up. Be a part of the solution!" It was probably some of the best advice I ever received this late in life.

I would only suggest that you have chosen to be a part of a community, and that has certain obligations. One of which is support your writing when asked, with physical demonstrations occasionally. I was fortunate that I listened.
Peace in return
Dan